The source of funding is a tax levy collected by the DeWitt County Board.
Members of the MHS review requests for funding annually from eligible providers of mental health, substance abuse, and developmental disability services. The MHB meets with the DeWitt County Board during the County's annual budget review process when a levy is approved for mental health purposes.
Written funding criteria are available from the MHB.
To request funding information and /or to apply for mental health funds, please contact our administrator, Sharon Mills, email@example.com.
The DCMHB accepts applications from June 1 to July 1 of the year. Funding requests are encouraged from any eligible agency providing mental health, substance use disorder, and/or development disability services/programs.
DeWitt County 708 Community Mental Health Board (DCCMHB)
FY 2021 Funding Criteria and Application Procedures
1. FUNDER INFORMATION
Sharon Mills, Administrator
DeWitt County 708 Community Mental Health Board
Application Website www.dewittcountymhbars.org
The DeWitt County Community Mental Health Board’s mission is to provide access to comprehensive, community-based services in an efficient and effective manner to all residents of DeWitt County with mental illness, substance abuse, and developmental/intellectual disabilities. The DCCMHB follows the DeWitt County Board’s fiscal year, December 1-November 30. The DCCMHB was established by voter referendum August 22, 1967.
2. TYPES OF SERVICES/PROGRAMS FUNDED • Mental Health • Substance Abuse • Developmental/Intellectual Disabilities
3. FY 2021 AWARDS and FY 2022 FUNDS AVAILABLE The DCCMHB allocated approximately $394,664 for FY 2021 to twelve organizations (and their programs/services) in amounts ranging from $2,012 to $228,500. FY 2022 awards are dependent upon availability of funds to the DCCMHB through tax levy.
4. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Individuals and families served with Mental Health Board funds must be DeWitt County residents.
• Agency must be a governmental unit or not-for-profit with IRS 501(c)(3) status.
• Services/programs must be delivered either free of charge or using an acceptable sliding fee scale.
5. CONTRACTUAL AND REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
• A mutually agreed upon contract between the agency and the DCCMHB must be negotiated and approved prior to distributing an award.
• Agencies will abide by DCCMHB general funding guidelines (to be provided with contractual agreement).
• Quarterly reports and periodic site visits will be required in accordance with the contractual agreement and general funding guidelines.
6. APPLICATION DEADLINES AND PROCEDURES
Funding requests are encouraged from any eligible agency providing mental health, substance abuse, and/or developmental/intellectual disability services.
Applications for FY 2022 funding may be submitted ONLINE this year June 1-July 2, 2021 at https://dewittcountymhbars.org
To receive access to the application Website, please provide the following AGENCY* information to Sharon Mills:
• Agency Name
• Executive Director
• Primary Program Contact(s) – if not Executive Director:
Each agency will be provided via email with a single username/password for all agency users to login into the system. Each agency user may work on its agency’s application, save, and return to work on it later.
*Agencies who have submitted applications ONLINE in a previous year will be assigned a new login for the current year. Their agency profile will already be built and can be edited. Their past program/service information can be updated. New programs/services also can be added. Supplementary materials must be updated annually as applicable.
Online applications will require the following information:
Step 1: Agency Profile General Information:
• Agency name, contact person(s), contact information
• Concise statement and description of the agency’s mission and purpose
• Geographic area served by the agency UPLOAD Supplementary material to the online application site:
• Complete listing of agency’s CURRENT board of directors (if applicable) Board List
• Complete listing of all CURRENT executive staff members of the agency
• Copy of the current fiscal year budget (agency fiscal year)
• Most recent audit
• A copy of the agency’s IRS 501(c) (3) not-for-profit designation letter, if applicable
• A copy of the agency’s IRS Form 990, if applicable
Step 2: Programs: List program name and total amount of funding requested for each program for FY 2022.
Also, select primary type of program/service to be funded with 708 dollars – choose one of the following options:
• Mental Health,
• Substance Abuse, or
• Developmental/Intellectual Disability
Step 3: Program Specific Information (to be provided for each program/service for which funds are requested).
*Please note, this is not an exhaustive list of information/questions asked about each program in the online application system.
• Description of the need for funding, target population(s), estimated number of people to be served, and hours of service per client
• Number currently on wait lists; average wait times for the program/service • Description of the program/service including: activities/services to be provided; staffing; and desired client outcomes and indicators of success (i.e., goals and objectives)
• Plans for evaluating program outcomes and effectiveness
• Detailed budget for the program/service including program revenues and expenses
• Data related to past years’ MHB funding for each program/service (if applicable): number of unduplicated clients served, hours of service, and summary of other outcomes for FY 2020 (Dec. 1-Nov. 30, 2020) and the fiscal year to date (Dec. 1-June 1, 2021)
The DCCMHB will schedule a 20-minute meeting with each applicant agency in July in-person or virtually. Please direct questions to Sharon Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct any questions about the current fiscal year's funding criteria or application process to Sharon Mills: email@example.com